Monday, May 14, 2012

Review of wefixmac.com iPad repair

I smashed my iPad glass, and went to the Apple store in Covent Garden for a repair: £200!!!!! Well, in their defence they do issue a new machine rather than repair the old one, but why? Imagine doing that with cars. So I rootled around on Google, found several offers at around £125, and then found wefixmac.com in Wathamstow, E17. I went there this morning. Nice airy premises in a typical unimproved former factory, some courteous staff on telephones, and a long worktable manned by sunny locals trained up by the company. Altogether professional: a welcoming, happy feel to the place. Run by a Frenchman, a former Apple employee, drawn to London by food / climate / love (choose one only). £50 later, I have an iPad in perfect working order. They run to mail order too, but I have no experience of their service there. No evidence of long backlogs when I visited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home